Individual counseling provides a student with the opportunity to work one-on-one with a counselor. The counselor can assist in helping to understand the self and the world around. Areas that are often addressed in counseling may include
- Support in resolving an issue
- Recovering from an upsetting or traumatic experience
- Exploring thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- Learning difficulties especially in academic subjects like mathematics, sciences, languages and social studies.
- Relationships with others.